Brasserie Blanc - Apple crumble
See Raymond Blanc with Clive Fretwell, Brasserie Blanc Executive Chef Director create their 'Best Ever Crumble'!
|For the crumble|
|40g||Unsalted butter, softened|
|Finely grated zest from one lemon and one orange zest|
|1 tsp||Freshly grated ginger|
|For the apple compote|
|500g||Cox's apple, peeled, cored and diced|
To make the crumble
1. Add the flour, sugar, ground almonds and cinnamon into a bowl.
2. Rub together the ingredients with your fingers. Alternatively you can use a food processor. Mix in the grated ginger.
3. Preheat your oven to 200c.
4. Place the crumble mix on a baking tray and bake for ten minutes. Mix the crumble every few minutes and remove from the oven when golden brown.
5. Add the toasted, flaked almonds and zests to the crumble mixture.
To make the apple compote
Add the apples, sugar and water to a saucepan and soften for 10-15 minutes.
Divide the apple compote between four bowls and top with generous amounts of crumble crumble.
Recipe © Raymond Blanc 2015.
Recipe courtesy of Brasserie Blanc.